Friday, December 5, 2008
Wedding Part 2
Where should I start?Hmm... Why not from where we stop?
That's not a bad idea...
We exited Big Aunt's hse and took the lift down to the first floor. We waited for a while till Dad drove the taxi out. Mum had told Dad(and us) earlier on that he would bring Jia Kang out to Kovan's Heartland Mall to buy a new pair of shoes.Dad drove them to the Hearland Mall. I opened up the 2 red packets(one from Big Aunt and One from WeiQiang Cousin(the bridegroom). There was a total of..... Can't tell u.It would be disrespectful to the Bride and Groom.(But if u really want to know, u either ask my siblings or find me and JiaYi will blog abt the money)
Anyway, they alighted soon and we had to pump oil into the taxi in the SMFTPK(Specially Made For Taxis Petrol Kiosk). The total sum of that pump was $31.41. Dad even teased me that he wanted to use the Red Packets' Money.Hahaha
We were home in a matter of minutes. I had made a deal with Jia Yi that we'll let Grandma bathed first, followed by us(we bathed twice) and in the meantime, We will blog about the first half of the day.(Grandma had to go earlier as she was taking a ride from First Uncle(the father of Jasmine, the flower girl).
We were changing our clothes when Mum and Jia Kang were back. I must say they are pretty fast. Dad had told Grandma there is no need to bathe so early, so she started bathing at 3. Jia Yi and Me quickly bathed (It isn't disgusting, we bathed in the morning before) and blogged.
Jia Yi didn't finish her part 1(she wanted to combine both)I finished part 1 and chatted with Michelle on the MSN. She told me, there the moment she arrived home,she hit the sack and woke up just now.
Very soon, she logged off and I got all the pics already. I shut down the com and went to change.
I'll jump to the part whereby it's our time to go down.We went down and waited for Uncle Daddy.(He's Godmother's husband) As it was raining,we didn't know where he will come from. We split up and waited for him. He arrived very soon on Dad's 'station'. He signalled him to go to the covered walkway.We were soon on the pick-up and off we went. Dad told Uncle Daddy to go the short cut.
We arrived at the Raffles Romance(I think) and went up to the fourth floor of the hotel. We soon got into the ballroom known as the Stamford Ballroom.We had to wait for a while for them to set up everything.(Dad asked my Big Uncle(the groom's father)where the toilet is(a very important question).He told Dad it was inside. We looked around, but it was not inside. Turns out it was outside of the Stamford Ballroom)My siblings and I were too impatient we snuck in a few times and saw a bit of stuff. Including a video on the start of the day,and we also fooled around a bit(like running in and out for pure fun or running around finding our table)
I looked around slowly(on the outside of the ballroom). There was a Ice Sculpture with a big-heart shape in the middle(it was melting and washing the fruits stored below it. The fruits were refreshing but small).
We finally found our table at the reception(First Uncle's first daughter was

one of them).It was Table 14, and Yiling's family was seated with mine.
Very soon everyone was here and I saw Big Aunt, dressed in a purple gown. I saw her and said,"hey,Big Aunt?" She started chasing after me and complained to my Dad that I teased her(which I did not). It was time to go in and we went in.
We sat and talked for quite a while before Yiling's family arrived.The MC(s) started talking and we were watching their pics from a kid to adults. It was only that day where I discovered that they had a 9-year courtship. The Groom and Bride slowly strolled in, with Jasmine and another girl walking in front of them. There were throwing rose petals onto the floor.
When they climbed up the stage, A guy, the Wedding Official, started saying the 3 parts of Marriage.Blah Blah Blah...
Then when they are done, they cut the cake. And to my amazement, A sudden burst of music came out. Ahh but it wasn't normal music. It was....(drum roll)
The Start Of Something New!!!!! From HSM.
The Kids(Michelle, Me(Jia Wei), Yiling, Jia Yi and Jia Kang) all stared at each others, smiling. Hahahahahahahaha( Of all the songs played, I dared to say that I knew almost half of all the songs!)
Anyway, then we proceed on with the banquet. This was the menu:
.jpg)
First Dish:Double Happiness Cold Dish Combination
Second Dish:Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Compoy and Fish Maw
Third Dish:Sauteed Crystal Prawns with Honey Bean and Crispy Butter served in Crispy Basket
Fourth Dish:Deep-Fried Deboned Chickens stuffed with Minced Prawns served with Mayonnaise
Fifth Dish:Steamed Live Dark Grouper in Superior Soy
Sixth Dish:Braised Black Mushroom with Broccoli
Seventh Dish:Stewed Ee-fu Noodles with Chives and Bean Sprouts
Desserts:Chilled Sago Cream ith Mango and Pomelo
There isn't much to mention in the banquet, but it was delicious.(If there is anything to remember, go read my relatives blogs)
Oh yea, I forgot to tell you guys... since the Zack and Cody Videos aren't properly made, I'll remove them. If I can,I'll put in another series or fix Zack and Cody. I am also seaching a new blogskin.